Mom, you were the best mom and friend to me. Oh if people could hear some of our conversations! I’m sure they would cause them to laugh, cry, or flat out think we were crazy. But we talked about it all!
Today I wanted to share my favorite memories, stories, and conversations I've had with mom. To somehow figure out a way to put into words how much Mom meant to me. But I realized I can't even begin to scratch the surface of describing our mother. So today, I guess I am just going to say thank you, Mom.
Thank you for loving me so well, as you did each of your children. When we were in elementary school you never missed an opportunity to help out in our classrooms or at a holiday party. Kelly, Lisa, Rachel and I had the best halloween costumes in town because you handmade each one with such detail. In middle school, you carted all of our friends around to the movies and the mall - and taught me how put hot rollers in my hair, which I still do everyday. In high school, you never missed a basketball game, not because you loved basketball, but because I was dancing at halftime. And throughout the years, you've always welcomed our visits to the cottage where you continually made friends with our friends and provided us with fabulous homemade meals after a day at the beach or on the boat. Thank you for supporting me, and cheering me on in life as my mom and my friend.
Mom, thank you for loving Dad so well. The example you set in your marriage to Dad has given me encouragement to be the best wife to Joey I can be. And as you said, "He's a keeper," so I will follow your example to have the passion and faithfulness you had for Dad, for my husband.
Thank you for truly living out God's most important commandments. To love the Lord and to love your neighbor as yourself. In fact, you loved your neighbor more than yourself. Whether that was mentoring others through Stephen Ministers or giving money to a homeless person, your kind and gentle heart showed in every aspect of your life.
And lastly, Mom, thank you for adopting Rachel and me into your heart and family. All along God knew you would be the best mother to two little orphans in Korea. And I'm so thankful He picked you. I wouldn't trade you as my mom for anything in the world. I hope and pray I can be half the mother you were to us, to my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment