So another year of baseball is here and so far the Tigers look just decent. Justin got blown up Monday night but at least we got to Halladay after a few innings. Then Tuesday night Edwin Jackson pitched incredibly well but due to our failure to hit with runners on and our bullpen (read: Brandon Lyon) we choked big time. But thankfully tonight we got our first win (it didn’t take as long as last year) on the backs of solid pitching by Miner and some homers. I think that our defense has definitely improved and our rotation actually looks good so far. Also, people seem to be hitting pretty well so far, especially Brandon Inge with his new swing. I’ve decided he’s my Tiger for this year, and it’s not just because he already has 3 homers. But, just like last year, our bullpen is suspect at best. It will be fun no matter what though and I can’t wait to get out to a game soon. Rumor has it we might be going to see them when the Yankees are in town.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
So another year of baseball is here and so far the Tigers look just decent. Justin got blown up Monday night but at least we got to Halladay after a few innings. Then Tuesday night Edwin Jackson pitched incredibly well but due to our failure to hit with runners on and our bullpen (read: Brandon Lyon) we choked big time. But thankfully tonight we got our first win (it didn’t take as long as last year) on the backs of solid pitching by Miner and some homers. I think that our defense has definitely improved and our rotation actually looks good so far. Also, people seem to be hitting pretty well so far, especially Brandon Inge with his new swing. I’ve decided he’s my Tiger for this year, and it’s not just because he already has 3 homers. But, just like last year, our bullpen is suspect at best. It will be fun no matter what though and I can’t wait to get out to a game soon. Rumor has it we might be going to see them when the Yankees are in town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment