I love my nightstand. It is the one area in our place for my stuff! It's usually a mess, but every now and then I straighten it up and clean out the one large drawer below. Today was not one of those days. I rolled right out of bed and snapped this shot.
I think my nightstand represents me well. Weirdly enough, many of the things I enjoy are condensed on this little table.
Here's the explanations:
The framed picture is of me and my precious nieces at our wedding. I adore them!
Next to the picture is a bottle of COACH cleaner, and we all know I love COACH. Actually, it's there to remind me to give it to Tara this weekend for her bag.
The coaster has a black-and-white picture of the law quad in Ann Arbor, a beautiful architectural masterpiece.
You'll also find some boring things tossed about, like my glasses and a purple hair-tie. But both these items get used daily, particularly at night.
If you know me well, it is not surprising that there is an empty retainer case. It's empty because it was in my mouth at the time I took the picture. Like I said, I just rolled out of bed, kind of gross but the truth. Anyway, I've had my purple retainer with silver sparkles since I was 17 years old and have worn it every night since then. You think I'm joking, I'm not. I'm slightly obsessed with having straight, white teeth. This is what happens after you are traumatized with having braces for the majority of your adolescent years.
Moving on, I have a bit of reading and writing materials piled on top of each other. The catalog on the bottom is from Zingerman's which displays an array of lovely gifts and treats. I'm saving up for Christmas gifts!
The Bible was a gift from Heather in college. My friends often tease me for having and carrying around my BIG bible. (Real Christian like huh ;) The funny thing is I've always wanted a huge bible. You're probably thinking, "Wow, that is such a strange thing to want." Well, the reason I wanted one is because when I was really little my sister and I went to something called "Children and Worship" at our church. Our mom would often lead the class since she was a preschool teacher and all. Children and Worship consisted of playing games and listening to a Bible story. Mom would use little wooden figurines to act out the parables, and she would read us the story from a BIG HUGE Bible (even larger than mine) stuffed with lots of bookmarks causing is to almost bust at the seam. I thought that Bible was so COOL (haha).
Lastly, my journal is on top. It's from the quotable cards collection, which has great significance between Erin and me. Starting in high school, we'd go to Kava House for coffee and to the gift store across the street to buy quotable cards. We started sending them to each other during our work crew trips and then kept the tradition all throughout college. The quote on the cover rings true to me still today.
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
So, what's on your nightstand?
No comments:
Post a Comment