For the past eight years, dating back to my freshman year of college, I've worked in the customer service industry in some form or fashion (COACH, hospital, bank, COACH). This also means that my family and friends have had to deal with my atypical schedule, especially around the holidays, for a very long time. Well this year...
I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from retail! I'm not sure if you can tell, but I'm pretty excited about that! I am so thankful for my new job as a Young Life Area Director and to be part of an organization that values spending time with family and friends to celebrate the reason for the season, Jesus! In the past I would pray for December to go by quickly so "holiday hours" would end. But I can truly enjoy Thanksgiving through Christmas this year and take time to be grateful for each day leading up to Christmas. This year more than ever, I am grateful for the gift of Christ and the hope His birth promises us now and in the future.
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." -John 3:17
Here are a few highlights from Thanksgiving weekend with the Graves/Tuckers.
AJ with his ball and car from Aunt Kimmy and Uncle Joey.
Trey and Ethan with the kid version of cornhole from us.
All the boys!
The following weekend, Rachel and I went to Michigan for our mom's family Christmas celebration.
Mom's brothers Uncle Tom, Uncle Jim, Uncle Bob and Dad (who is hidden) looking at pictures of the family tree.
The kids making necklaces. Mom and Lisa, the former teachers, are always prepared!
Dan the man, so sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment